Feb 4, 2013

Bundle Shops

I recently learnt from my dad about "bundle shops" or "kedai bundle" and basically they are vintage or second hand shops... usually specializing in unique vintage items such as shoes, bags, t-shirts, jeans etc. These bundle shops are usually like treasure troves of items sold at a fraction of the original price. I suppose you can consider them thrift shops as well. They often stock vintage branded items and you can haggle/bargain with the shop owners for a better deal. I couldn't find much information online regarding the location of these shops, I tried searching for newer posts (2012 - 2013) about bundle shops as some of these shops close down or relocate within a few years but couldn't find much info. I've been told that there are many around Ampang, Cheras, Chow Kit areas.

So anyway, I decided that I'll make a post with a list of bundle shops whenever I find/stumble upon them. So I'll constantly be updating this post. (hopefully. haha.) There are some online but it's very different from the physical shops.


Bongkar Vintage Wardrobe

We found a bundle shop near our home in Cheras, located in Bandar Sri Permaisuri. Dad found it online but the address given was wrong so we couldn't find the location. My dad happened to chance upon it when he went to a supermarket near Q-Bistro.

There are two floors, filled with men's jeans, shirts, T-shirts, shoes, denim or leather jackets and accessories like leather belts. Items like jeans are usually arranged according to size so it's pretty easy to find what you want. You can try on the jeans/ T-shirts as well. Some of the clothes looked pretty worn out, some looked new. You need to ask if it's original or not as they do have imitation items there. The seller was pretty honest with us about the origins of the clothes and jeans. Saw a bunch of vintage football jerseys too.



Pretty good collection, though I did not go upstairs. Prices are reasonable and affordable... depending on the item. Some vintage hard to find items are priced above RM200. Other stuff like Uniqlo, Lee, Levi's jeans can be bought for RM50 - Rm130. 

Bongkar Vintage Wardrobe
No. 21 & 21-1, Jalan Dwitasik,
Dataran Dwitasik,
Bandar Sri Permaisuri,
56000 Kuala Lumpur.
017-9824297
(Approx. GPS: 3.09951, 101.71284)
Same road as Q-Bistro, opposite the supermarket.


Bonk's Kuala Lumpur

Bonk's is the sister shop of Bongkar... located close by on the same street, just behind Old Town Kopitiam. Bonk's stocks ladies and children items, however in their second floor they stock some men's leather jackets and some winter wear. I found a small brown leather bomber jacket for RM60 (I think) but didn't get it cos I didn't really like the colour.

You have to take off your shoes before entering the premises, it's pretty small compared to Bongkar. The kid's collection is really cute. There are women's jeans, some handbags, travel bags etc. Saw some Rayban sunnies for sale too.

Lacoste shoes, jeans of various brands arranged by size.


There are more jeans and clothes upstairs if you don't find anything suitable downstairs. The staircase is located outside, beside the shop. Not as extensive a collection as Bongkar but still pretty nice. You can use any of the rooms/ closed space as a make shift fitting room to try on the clothes or jeans. Prices range again depends on the item, same as Bongkar and you can haggle for a lower price. :)


Bonk's Kuala Lumpur
No. 51 & 51-1, Jalan Dwitasik,
Dataran Dwitasik,
Bandar Sri Permaisuri,
56000 Kuala Lumpur.
(Approx. GPS: 3.10049, 101.71299)
Behind Old Town Kopitiam


6 comments:

  1. erm... can go these place to buy CNY costume !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't get through the mobile # ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! :) it was the number I got from their namecard.. sorry if it doesn't work. I'll remove it from the post. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  3. Cool stuff. Shame Bandar Sri Permaisuri is a bit far for me, do you know of any other bundle shops in KL?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the late reply.. I haven't found other bundle shops yet.. searching through Google doesn't really help as well.. I'll update if I ever find more around KL area. :)

      Delete
  4. www.aryanbundlebutik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's like giving me a cookie. Yay! haha. ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails