Apr 26, 2010

Eucerin - Review

As mentioned in my previous post, I've been testing out the new range of moisturizers from Eucerin - The AQUAporin ACTIVE range.



So what is this range all about?
Eucerin AQUAporin ACTIVE activates the skin’s own moisture network by fostering the creation of new aquaporins. The result: moisture optimally enters into the skin, even in deeper epidermal layers.

Here's a more scientific explanation:

What are "aquaporins"?
Aquaporins are protein channels that enable the transport of water across cell membranes, forming a vital network to moisturize the skin from the basal to the top layers.

These special "water pores" were discovered by the American molecular biologist Peter Agre who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2003).

Basically,
Water molecules --- transported by aquaporins --- hydrate skin cells

As illustrated by my failed drawing below...haha.



So how does Eucerin's AQUAporin ACTIVE moisturizers work?
With age and UV rays, the "aquaporins" in our skin decreases resulting in dull and dehydrated skin. Fortunately the "aquaporins" can be activated and rebuilt thanks to gluco-glycerol.

When Eucerin AQUAporin ACTIVE is applied unto our skin, the gluco-glycerol penetrates into the dehydrated skin and stimulates the creation of aquaporin-3 in the deeper layers of the epidermis. So more aquaporins means better skin hydration and thus the skin is optimally moisturized! :D


Clinical, dermatological and in-use studies on over 750 subjects prove:
  • Very good efficacy: significant improvement in skin’s moisture content and appearance.
  • Good skin compatibility even in sensitive skin.
  • The skin is left perceptibly smooth and supple (94% approval)
  • 24 hours after first treatment – 90% stated the product range instantly and remarkably supplied their skin with moisture.
  • 1 week after regular use – 97% stated that the product range protected their skin from drying out long-lastingly.
  • 3 days after stopping regular use – 94% confirmed that their skin was still thoroughly moisturized.

And now to introduce the products:

1) AQUAporin ACTIVE Moisturizing Cream Light – for normal to combination skin

(40 ml, RM62.90)

Properties:
  • Oil-in-Water-Emulsion for dehydrated normal to combination skin
  • Based on nature-identical Gluco-Glycerol
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Light & fresh scent
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Tested on sensitive skin

2) AQUAporin ACTIVE Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 + UVA – for normal skin types

(40 ml, RM69.00)

Properties:
  • Oil-in-Water-Emulsion for dehydrated, normal skin types
  • With UVA/UVB protection (conform to COLIPA recommendation)
  • Based on nature-identical Gluco-Glycerol
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Airy pleasant fragrance (very compatible scent)
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Tested on sensitive skin

3) AQUAporin ACTIVE Moisturising Eye Cream - especially developed for the delicate eye area

(15 ml, RM62.90)

Properties:
  • Oil-in-Water-Emulsion for all skin types
  • Based on nature-identical Gluco-Glycerol
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Especially developed for the delicate eye area
  • Ophthalmologically tested
  • Suitable for contact lens wearers
  • Tested on sensitive skin
  • Free from fragrance and alcohol

*** My personal review ***

Firstly, here's the difference in texture of all three products:


The moisturizer with spf 15 is of a creamier, thicker texture.
The Light cream is more like a lotion.
And the Eye Cream is almost gel-like.



For the last 6 days I've been using the Spf 15 cream as my daytime moisturizer, the Light cream as a night moisturizer and the Eye cream I only use at night.

I have combination skin (dry cheeks, oily t-zone) which is sensitive and prone to breaking out in rashes when I use the wrong products.

Thankfully, I've been using these products without any problems, no rashes, no breakouts. :D

AQUAporin ACTIVE Moisturizing Cream Light:
This is by far my fav product in this range. It states cream but it has a lotion like consistency which is not too heavy and not too light till you feel like you need to apply a few layers.

I only need to use a small drop of this cream for my entire face. It spreads easily and is absorbed quickly, leaving no stickiness. There's a faint smell that's nice and refreshing.

I use this at night before sleeping (take note I usually sleep at 4 or 5am) and the next morning after washing my face, my skin feels so much softer. :D

AQUAporin ACTIVE Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 + UVA:
This product was a weeeee bit too heavy for my oily T-zone. :( I personally think this product best suits those with dry and dehydrated skin. It's fine on my dry cheeks but feels sticky on my T-zone.

I've been using this in the daytime because it has SPF 15 and UVA protection. The protection is not very high so you might need to slap on some higher spf sunscreen if you're planning to be in the sun all day. But if you are indoors most of the time, like me, then this is good enough. :)


AQUAporin ACTIVE Moisturising Eye Cream:
This product is great for relieving the skin around your eyes especially after a long day. I used this only at night because somehow it feels a little sticky after application. Not sticky to the point it irritates me but I just avoid using it in the day time.

It could just be me lah, I have weird skin. I think the other bloggers who have tried this says it's not sticky and absorbs well.

The best part is that this cream is safe for those who use contact lens! :D I've recently started learning to wear coloured contacts for vanity purposes...no power kind. haha. So this is great. :D


Conclusion:
Today before writing this review, I decided to test something out.

I washed my face and DID NOT apply any moisturizer.

And to my surprise, my skin did not feel tight and uncomfortable like it usually does! Normally, after washing my face, if I don't apply any moisturizers I get patches of redness around my cheeks, forehead and lips area. Kinda like getting mozzie bites. :(

I know Eucerin says that their testing revealed that the hydration is maintained even after 3 days of stopping regular usage but I didn't expect any result after just 6 days of testing the products. Syok! :)

This means if I ever go on a short trip and forget to bring my moisturizers along, I won't have to worry about my skin getting dry and breaking out in ugly rashes. :D :D :D

Overall the products are living up to their claims and I'm pretty happy so far. :)


Hug n Kisses,
Di

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your post, Di! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a 2nd wave to this campaign. Please join Eucerin this coming Saturday (2nd Oct) from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Sunway Pyramid Orange Zone Concourse Area to witness the 100 pax Moisture Challenge. Join us yea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Glad i came across this web site.Added idealistic-dreamer.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's like giving me a cookie. Yay! haha. ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails