Dec 9, 2009

Zombieland

So...I just got back from a special screening of Zombieland at Cathy Cineplex, organized by Advertlets. Thong Kai invited me and I got to meet some of his friends: Emily, Chih Wei,Evo (thank you for the tidbits from Japan!) and Selena. Bumped into Victor (Voch) after we collected our tickets, was really nice catching up with him. Leonard was there with a friend...Owh and I got to meet the boss of Adverlets, Mr. Josh Lim himself. :D


Honestly I had never heard of this movie till Thong Kai invited me for the screening. The only thing I knew was that it was a movie about zombies and it was supposed to be funny.

*thanks for the photos Eu Veng!*

Having been addicted to the popcap game Zombie Vs. Plants, I thought that I'd prolly just think zombies are cute in a disgusting way and won't be freaked out by the show OR I'd just imagine pea shooters popping up to kill them. BOY WAS I WRONG.


Utterly grotesque, "Resident Evil"-like, constantly regurgitating blood and with the ability to pop up from anywhere to chase you down...I think I winced at the sight of every zombie that appeared. It's a very interesting feeling to want to laugh and cry at the same time. The comic relief characters with their cleverly written lines got everyone laughing hysterically, not to mention there were plenty of clever play with words and hilarious scenes. The other half of the movie,saw me holding my breath as the main characters battle it out with the zombies. [insert lots of gunshots and blood splats] I don't know about the rest but the scariest part of the movie...was the clown. *sobs* Goodness, dah-lah I have a fear of clowns, they had to go and turn it into a zombie. T_T I skipped that part cos I kept my eyes closed shut. Unfortunately I did catch a glimpse of him, which brought back a flood of memories of the other horror flick..."It". *shudder*


I went in with absolutely no expectations, absolutely no idea what the show was about, and I walked away thinking "That was a pretty awesome movie." :) I have to admit though, I was holding my bladder in throughout the movie...well, cos "Rule #2: Beware of Bathrooms". So yeah...die die also I had to hold it in till I got home...where it's safer...I think. *peers into the toilet outside my room*

All in all, this is definitely a must watch movie! :)



Now to pray really hard that I don't need to try outrunning zombies in my sleep. Maybe I'll go have a little sweet snack before bed...a twinkie perhaps...you know, cos "Rule #32: Enjoy the Little Things".

heh heh. owh well, goodnight!

*fingers crossed*

Hugs n Kisses,
Di

7 comments:

  1. oh his name is spelled chih wei :P hehe well is ok !! oh so damn fast u updated... im still waiting for pictures from euveng !!! ahahahah... well atleast they don have giant zombie like plant vs zombie lol... cannot imagine how hideous it will be !!! but i feel this show is more gory and more blood then resident evil thou... dint know u have clown phobia... i'm not really scared of them... just i dont like clown thou ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. zombie kill of the week!

    i really like this movie!
    the VFXes, storyline, jokes, and also, emma stone was gorgeous in this movie :D

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha...sounds interesting!!! i wanna go watch la! and i also got fear of clowns after "IT" huhu... trauma for kids man that sshow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Botakai: thanks for the heads up on the spelling. hur hur. :D I dun rmbr what happened in RE... too scary to remember. >_<

    @VReza: hahahahaha. I LOVED that!!! xD yup yup yup, I totally agree with you. :D It has a good mix of everything. :)

    @Amelia: hahahaha. must watch! just be careful the clown appears in one of the toilet scenes and towards the end. >_<

    @Gim Choon: nuuuuuuuuuuu... T^T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyyy! nice to meet u finally! LOL i hope u've finally decided to use ur house bathroom by today xD

    Omg so u also hate 'IT'? it seems to be the top scariest film for 90s kids..including me! >.<

    Oh I've added ur link. Add me too k?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Evo! :D

    Hahaha. I think I should be the one saying I FINALLY get to meet you. Cos I hear Thong Kai talk about you ALL THE TIME. Tsk tsk tsk. He's obsessed about you I tell ya. :P

    YES. OMG IT WAS SO FREAKING SCARY I'M STILL RECOVERING. T_T

    Added your link. :) Was gonna ask permission from you to add it to my blog roll. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's like giving me a cookie. Yay! haha. ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails